In order to become an unarmed security guard in the state of Ohio, security guard training is necessary and you must register, but a license is not required if you are employed by a licensed company or security agency.
The company or security agency of employment must make sure that all employees are registered within the first 7 days of hire and that annual renewal of registration is carried out.
State of Ohio Security Guard Training Requirements
- Being of 18 years of age or older
- Being a citizen of the United States or a registered resident alien
- Having a High school diploma or certification of equal value
- Not having been convicted of any felonies or misdemeanors associated with violence (including domestic), drugs (the use or sale), theft or fraud
- Having good moral standards and character
- Successfully passing a background check
- Having no mental illnesses or defects that would prohibit performance of duties
- Being employed by a private security company or security agency with supervision from a licensed patrol officer
- Having a fingerprint card
Additional conditions that could be of assistance include having a valid driver’s license, being in good physical shape, having the ability to stand for extended periods of time and possessing thorough communication skills.
Fees, which are nonrefundable, include the registration cost of $25.
Ohio Security Guard Employment Numbers
|Area name||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage||Hourly median wage||Annual median wage|
Data extracted on December 26, 2013