In order to obtain a position as an unarmed security guard in the state of Massachusetts, certification is not required, but there are a few basic conditions that have to be met under the Watch Guard Patrol Agency.
- Being of 18 years of age or older
- Being a citizen of the United States or a registered resident alien
- Being able to be tested for drugs currently and in the future on a recurring basis
- Submitting to and completing a background check
Additional conditions that could be of assistance include having a valid driver’s license, being in good physical shape, having the ability to stand for extended periods of time and possessing thorough communication skills.
The Security Guard Training Program
Some, but not all, companies hiring might necessitate security guard training courses.
In the event that this is the case, basic training subjects that are typcially within the security guard training course involve:
- The role of private security
- Legal aspects
- Patrol and observation
- Incident response
- Security resources: Surveillance operation and documentation
- Customer service issues: Working with and addressing the public
- First aid overview
These are just the basic requirements and more subjects can be taken and added.
Labor and Wage Statistics for Security Guards in Massachusetts
|Area name||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage||Hourly median wage||Annual median wage|
Data extracted on December 26, 2013
Check out the Massachusetts State Police website or contact 617-727-3200 for further insight.