In order to become an unarmed security guard in the state of Rhode Island, security guard training and licensure are required. The Attorney General’s office manages the security guard licensing process.
- Being of 18 years of age or older
- Showing proof of being a United Stated citizen
- Having good moral standards and character
- Possessing an insurance letter from your employer or surety bond
- Having no drug or alcohol use or dependence
- Having no conviction of felonies
- Not being disabled to the point of not being able to perform basic duties
- Not having had a similar license or registration revoked
- Submitting to a criminal background check
Security Guard Training Program
The basic training subjects that are covered within the security guard training course involve:
- The role of private security
- Legal aspects
- Patrol and observation
- Incident response
- Security resources: Surveillance operation and documentation
- Customer service issues: Working with and addressing the public
- First aid overview
Note that these are only some of the basic requirements and more subjects can be taken and added at your discretion.
Any fees required will be nonrefundable.
|Area name||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage||Hourly median wage||Annual median wage|
Data extracted on December 26, 2013
Check-out Rules and Regulations – Relating to the Licensing and Regulation for further insight.