Security guard training in the state of Oklahoma can be the start of a rewarding career. In order to become a security guard in Oklahoma, it is mandatory to first obtain a license. CLEET manages the licensing process and licenses must be renewed every two years.
- Being of 18 years of age or older
- Showing proof of being a United Stated citizen
- Having good moral standards and character
- Having a police or sheriff record check
- Possessing an insurance letter from your employer or surety bond
- Having no drug or alcohol use or dependence
- Having no conviction of felonies
- Not being disabled to the point of not being able to perform basic duties
- Having two passport photographs that are in color
- Submitting two CLEET fingerprint cards
- Successfully completing the mandatory security guard training program
- Completing all application questions
- Signing plus notarizing your application
Additional conditions that could be of assistance include having a valid driver’s license, being in good physical shape, having the ability to stand for extended periods of time and possessing thorough communication skills.
The CLEET approved security guard training courses have to be successfully completed within 180 days of the date of application.
Fees, which are nonrefundable, include the cost for a license of $91.
Employment Statistics for Security Guards in California
|Area name||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage||Hourly median wage||Annual median wage|
Data extracted on December 26, 2013