In order to become an unarmed security guard in the state of Montana, a license is required, but it is mandatory for the company or security agency hiring to provide all necessary security guard training.
Montana Security Guard Training Requirements
- Being of 18 years of age or older
- Being a citizen of the United States or resident alien
- Being employed by a security company or security agency who is licensed
- Having to successfully complete a FBI and Montana Department of Justice background check
- Providing proof of security guard training
- Obtaining a passport style self-photograph
- Submitting an application with all mandatory information and fees
Additional conditions that could be of assistance include having a valid driver’s license, being in good physical shape, having the ability to stand for extended periods of time and possessing thorough communication skills.
Security Guard Training Program
If the company or security agency mandates training , core subjects taught within the security guard training courses involve:
- The role of private security
- Legal aspects
- Patrol and observation
- incident response
- Security resources: Surveillance operation and documentation
- Customer service issues: Working with and addressing the public
- First aid overview
Note that there is a nonrefundable application fee $75.00.
Employment and Wage Numbers for Security Guard Jobs in Montana
|Area name||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage||Hourly median wage||Annual median wage|
Data extracted on December 26, 2013
Check out the Application for Private Security Guard or contact (406) 841-2348 for particular application insight.