In order to become a security guard in the state of Oregon, it is mandatory to enroll in security guard training and obtain licensure.
- Being of 18 years of age or older
- Showing proof of being a United Stated citizen
- Having good moral standards and character
- Having a police or sheriff record check
- Possessing an insurance letter from your employer or surety bond
- Having no drug or alcohol use or dependence
- Having no conviction of felonies
- Not being disabled to the point of not being able to perform basic duties
- Possessing a fingerprint affidavit and fingerprint card
- Having a temporary work permit
Additional conditions that could be of assistance include having a valid driver’s license, being in good physical shape, having the ability to stand for extended periods of time and possessing thorough communication skills.
Note that 12-hours of security guard training with a qualified instructor must be taken. You should check the certification of the instructor before paying the fess for the course.
Fees, which are nonrefundable, include the cost for a license of $130.
Oregon Job Statistics for Security Guards
|Area name||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage||Hourly median wage||Annual median wage|
Data extracted on December 26, 2013
Visit the Oregon Deparment of Public Safety Standards and Training for additional insight and forms.