In order to become an unarmed security guard in the state of Wyoming, other than basic security guard training, no conditions are put into place by the state, but there could be some according to the city and county level. You can find this out by reaching out to the local police station or City Clerk’s office.
Wyoming Requirements to Become an Unarmed Security Guard
- Being of 18 years of age or older
- Having a High school diploma or certification of equal value
- Not being convicted of any felonies or crimes involving the use of illegal weapons,
- Having a background check with fingerprinting
Additional conditions that could be of assistance include having a valid driver’s license, being in good physical shape, having the ability to stand for extended periods of time and possessing thorough communication skills.
Typical Security Guard Training Program
The employer that may potentially hire you may include as mandatory courses such as:
- The role of private security
- Legal aspects
- Patrol and observation
- Incident response
- Security resources: Surveillance operation and documentation
- Customer service issues: Working with and addressing the public
- First aid overview
- Report writing
Note that these are just the basic requirements and more subjects can be taken and added.
Labor Statistics for Security Guards in Wyoming
|Area name||Employment||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage||Hourly median wage||Annual median wage|
Data extracted on December 26, 2013
See the Cheyenne Police Department website, contact 307-637-6535 or call your local City Clerk’s office for further insight.